NOTES: This list is INCOMPLETE. I have a backlog of material of my own and of Marie Driscoll's
to add to the source list. I am posting it as I find time to add it to my database.|
Unless noted, "view" links will bring up transcription. Use your browser's back button to return to this page.
- Bible record - SHUKER - dates of birth - Sarah FLANAGAN births by James WALDRON and Andrew FLANAGAN
also dates of birth of Sarah MATTHEWS siblings(n.p.: n.pub., after 1851).
- Bible Record - Photocopy of original Bible record of Peter Simon and Elizabeth Flanagan (dates from 1847-1973) supplied by Leonard Fliedner. view image
- Family Group Sheet - Andrew FLAN Jr, ca. 1992 (in package sent by Marie D. to L. Welsh).
- FLANAGAN birthday note - Dates of birth Andrew & Sarah chldrn- Hand written list Undated, author unknown.
- FLANAGAN History-Leonard FLIEDNER, undated, 1960s?.
- FLANAGAN birthdate notes - list of Chas A. FLANAGAN family birthdates, c1905?.
- FLANAGAN papers-M.Driscoll, various dates, Newsletters, etc. To be cataloged.
- FLANAGAN property note, undated, but after 1886. view image
- FLANAGAN undated property note 2 -hand-written note on lined paper. Response to Property Note 1, date unknown.
- Emily FLANAGAN account notebook, 1934-1944. Lists important dates of death as well as disposition of
property at 506 2nd Avenue.
- Emily FLANAGAN- WWII scrapbook -her nephew's photos taken at start of their military service, begun Feb 1943.
- Anna EVANS FLANAGAN - Two scrapbooks of newspaper clippings and calligraphy. Book one
begun ca. 1871. Book two begun Feb. 11, 1875, continued by her daughters into the early 1900s.
- BUTLER Chronology- Marie Driscoll, 1990s?.
- Marie Fagan baby book - 20 pages + cover. Commercial book with entries for Marie's development, 1912...
- Letters on genealogical matters, various dates 1960s to present, from Marie Driscoll, Leonard Fliedner,
Helen Flanagan Hinkeldey, Ellen Flanagan Dugan, Paul Stein, Sister Theresa Welsh, Ernest Stephens.
- Letters - archival, 1930s-40s - Thomas F. Fagan, Stella (FLANAGAN) FERGUSON
- Inscription on front page of "Key of Heaven," prayer book given by Mrs A. FLANAGAN to
Margaret EVANS in 1875. Mrs A. FLANAGAN was most likely Adelaide EXERTIER.
(Right Rev John Meliner, DD. 17 Barclay St: Thomas Kelly, 1874).
View book cover and Inscription.
- Prayer card, inscribed from Aunt Kate (KELLY) FLANAGAN to Stella FLANAGAN, 1907, Astoria.
- New York City Board of Elections list of enrolled voters, Queens, 1910., Saturday December 31, 1910, FHC - LDS Lending library.
- NY City Record-Jan 31, 1902, NYC Dept of Recd's & Info Services - Municipal Archives.
Lists names of all employees of NYC by department and location, gives addresses, salaries and date of hire by the
City of New York (which in most cases was January 1898).
- NY State Census - 1892, FHC - LDS Lending library.
- NY State Census - 1915 and 1925, Queens Borough Central Lib - L.I. Div.
- Federal Census - 1840, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1900, 1910 and 1920 - NARA New England Regional Federal Records Center, Waltham, Mass.
- West Bromwich RC Church Registers 1832-1855, 1832-1855
- Wednesbury, Staffordshire, C of E Registers
FHC film 497344. Burials in the Parish of Wednesbury, Staffordshire 1830.
FHC film 497344. England, Staffordshire, Parish of Wednesbury with St. James 1848-1850,
Bishops Transcripts Baptisms, Marriages, Burials, 1813-1850.
- Naturalization records for an Andrew Flanagan 1843 New York City
(not proven to be our Andrew) found by Paul Stein.
- Naturalization records for George EVANS (1860) and Margaret EVANS (1874) Original certificates
- Naturalization Papers-Geo EVANS- Manhattan Common Pleas Court, bundle 246 copy 49. intent: Apr 26, 1851,
nat: Oct 2, 1860, NARA, Varick St, nat Sep 1, 1874, Manhattan, witness: William Boyd, 389 9th st, NYC.
No occ, DOB, or arrival info. Addr. 389 9th st, NYC.
- Naturalization Papers-Margaret EVANS-1874, Manhattan Common Pleas Court, bundle 423 copy 218,
Intention: Aug 16, 1872; nat Sep 1, 1874, former nat: English, witness: Margaret Taylor, 963 Pacific St, Bklyn, NY.
No occ, DOB, or arrival info - addr Astoria, L.I.
- Irish Emigrant Society - Emigrant Savings Bank Historical Records -
(Compiler: NYPL, Rare Books Div, 42nd St, Manh. recd 1850-66/ pub 1996).
Accessed at NARA Northeast Region, Varick Street, Manhattan
and New England Hist/Gen Society, Boston, Mass.
- Andrew FLANAGAN: Accts opened in 1852 & 1856 provide parents, siblings names, Irish county, parish, barony(?), town(?), date of ship arrival in the port of NY
- Sarah FLANAGAN: Accts opened in 1866, 1872 (x2), 1873 provided little information except that she had a "wart on left eye"
- Edmund BUTLER: Accts opened 1854 & 1858 provide jobs, addresses, parents names, sibling names, Irish city of origin, date of ship arrival, port of NY
- George EVANS: Acct opened 1857 provides occupation, address, parents names, English city of origin, date of ship arrival
- Ann LAWLOR: Acct opened 1860 provides information for an Ann Lawlor of Astoria who was
born in Co. Kildare and married to a John A. Burden or Borden.
Some material is considerably at odds with family stories and we have not yet confirmed that this is
the mother of Elizabeth EGAN.
- Passenger list - Andrew/Sarah FLAN, Ship "Alfred", Liverpool to NYC, Jul 12, 1834, series M237 reel# 23-list# 551
They are listed under steerage, near bottom of 2nd page:
Andrew Flanagan, age 27, male, Labourer, Irish, to USA /
Sarah Flanagan, age 27, female, no occ listed, Irish [sic], to USA
- GEDCOM File from Paul Stein, imported on 06/05/1998
- Book-Passenger Ships Arriving in New York Harbor, 1820-1850, Bradley W. Steuart. Bountiful, UT: Precision Indexing, Inc, 1991+)
A cross reference of NYC arrivals by date and by ship name. (NARA Northeast Regional Center - Varick St, Manhattan)
- Book-Famine Immigrants: Lists of Irish Immigrants Arriving at the Port of New York, 1846-1851, 7 volumes ( Ira A. Glazier, ed.. Baltimore: n.pub., 1983-86).
Transcribed and indexed passenger lists.
- Book-Supplement to Description of private & family cemeteries in Queens
(Queensborough Public Library, 1974?).
- Book-Old Calvary Cem.: New Yorkers Carved in Stone
(Rosemary Muscarella Ardolina.. Bowie, MD: Heritage Books, Inc, 1996). EXERTIER grave listing.
- Book-Bishop Loughlin's dispensations, diocese of Brooklyn - Vol 1 - 1859-1866
Joseph Silinonte, 7901 4th Ave - D6, Brooklyn, NY 11209, self published July 1996.
Provided estimated dates of marriage for Bridget Amelia FLANAGAN JONES and James FLANAGAN,
and parents and county of origin for Bridget DELAHANTY FLANAGAN.
- Book-Portrait and Biographical Record of Queens Co., ( unkn. auth. NY & Chi: Chapman Publishing Co, 1896)
giving biographical information on Andrew Flanagan, Sr. & Jr., Peter Simon Flanagan and George Casey.
- Book-Progressive Men of the State of Montana (Chicago: A. W. Bowen & Co., Unknown-c 1896?). Butler biogs.
- Book-BUTLER-Yale biog in ?, ? (?; Unknown. New Haven: Yale University Law School, Unknown, after 1909).
- Book-William White, author. W. Bromwich Gazetteer from History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire
and the city and county of Lichfield and the diocese of Lichfield with separate Historical
Statistical & Topographical descriptions of all the boroughs,
towns, parishes, villages, hamlets, manors and liverties in the five hundreds of the shire.
1 vol with map. in no series, 1 (Independent Office, Sheffield: Robert Leader, 1851).
- Book-John Perry. Book belonging to Annie EVANS 1870 - Perry's Instructions - a full course in instruction for Catechists. (31 Barclay st, NY: J.D. Sadler & co., n.d.). Inscribed by the author to Annie Evans Flanagan.
- City Directories-NYC (Manhattan) 1820-1932 on microfiche/film at BPRL - microtext dept (n.p.: Dagget's, Rode, Trow etc, 1820-1932).
- Queens City directories. 1864-1872 (NYC: Boyd's ('64) & Curtin's (65-69) Directory of Astoria, Babylon ... Long Island, 1864).
- Long Island Star Directory of Queens-1888- (Long Island City: Star newspaper, 1888). Queens Central Library, Jamaica.
- Queens City directories. 1899, 1901, 1904, 1909(?) (Trow) LDS film and Queens Central Library, Jamaica.
- TROW Business Directory for the Borough of Queens, city of NY - 1912 - also residential directory of Flushing, Jamaica,
Long Island City and Richmond Hill (202 E 12th St, Manhattan: Trow Directory Printing, 1912) Original ed. at NEHGS.
- Phone directories - 1926+ Brooklyn/Qns. Directories (phone) -1926/27 Brooklyn /Queens combined in no series (NYC: n.pub., 1926/27).
- City directory 1933/34 - Queens (last city directory published; NYC: Polk, 1933/34). Queens Central Library, Jamaica.
- Directories-Freeport, etc. 1909 and 1911. on microfilm at BPRL - microtext dept, v.1 (from Readex Microprint, 1979; New York,
N.Y.: J.H. Lant, var dates).
- Directories-Nassau/Suffolk c1930-1940s phone directories in on microfilm at Queens Lib, - (New York, N.Y.: NYC Telephone Co,
- Directories-Supplementary Central Long Island 1908-ca1929 in on microfilm at Queens Lib, - (New York, N.Y.: NYC
Telephone Co, var dates).
- Citations for newspaper items from Long Island Daily and Weeky Star, (List compiled by Rob Higgins in November 1989),
clippings from scrapbook belonging to Anna EVANS FLANAGAN, supplemented by Patty Fagan, 1996-99).
See Flanagan Chronicles
- Long Isand City Star, (LIC, Queens, NY: LIC Star, 1870-1938, in various forms), Queens Borough Central Lib - L.I. Div.
- Irish Echo, Saturday, December 6, 1975, "Old Cemetery in Deplorable State"
See Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Astoria
- Jack FAGAN - accounts of death, (Freeport, Rockville Ctr: n.pub., Jan 31, 1938 (Monday)).
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle, (Brooklyn, NY: Eagle, 18??-19??) Hofstra, Long Island Studies Institute
- New York Times, (Manhattan: NY Times, 18??-19??), Boston Public Research Library.
- Newsday, (Garden City, NY: Newsday, 1943-pres), Hofstra, Long Island Studies Institute
- The Nassau Post (22 Grove St, Freeport, Nassau, NY: Published weekly 1914-1918), Freeport Memorial Library. Also available at Hofstra.
OCLC: #33312964, title from Nassau Co. Museum collection.
- Nassau Co. Review, (Freeport, Nassau, NY: Published weekly 1899-1921), Freeport Memorial Library. Also available at Hofstra.
OCLC: #33275026, title from Nassau Co. Museum collection.
- Long Island daily press (Jamaica, New York, N.Y. : Nassau ed.) [19??-1963]; OCLC: #31440624
- Long Island press (Hempstead, N.Y., 1963-1977) and
- Long Island daily press (Jamaica, New York, N.Y. : City ed.) Published: 1926-1963, OCLC: #09789814
Continues: Long Island daily press and daily Long Island farmer. [1921-1926]
Continued by: Long Island press (Jamaica, New York, N.Y.) [1963-1977]
LAND RECORDS - DEEDS
- Grantee Indexes for Queens County conveyance libers for the letters E and F, from ca. 1830-1913.
City Register's Office, Queens, 144-06 94th Ave, Jamaica, NY.
- Selected records from libers. See Flanagan Property
- Index to Births-Queens Co. 1847-97, n.d., Microfilm copy of card file at New York Municipal Archives, New York City, FHC - LDS Lending library.
- Births reported in the city of New York - index, 1881-1965, 1963, FHC - LDS Lending library.
FROM OLD TOWN REGISTERS
- 1871-Adelaide FLANAGAN, b. Jul 22, 1871, LIC Register pg 2 #56,, Photocopied, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1874-Joseph MCGRATH, b. Jun 13, 1874, L.I.C. Reg p34 #372, Transcribed, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1883-Charles A. FLANAGAN, b. May 16, 1883 birth, LIC Reg cert# 26,, Transcribed, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1883-Raymond A. FLANAGAN, b. Jan 13, 1883 birth, LIC Reg cert# 6,, Transcribed, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1885-Rose FLANAGAN, b. Apr 3, 1885 birth, LIC Reg cert# 1042, Transcribed, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1887-Joseph L. FLANAGAN, b. May 24, 1887 - LIC reg pg 82 #1119, Photocopied, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1887-Lawrence CASEY, b. Aug 22, 1887, Queens, reg page 82 #1131, Transcribed, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1889-Gertrude FLANAGAN, b. Apr 4, 1889 birth, LIC Reg pg 86 #1251, Photocopied, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1889-Harry CASEY, b. Jul 18, 1889, LIC, Queens, Reg pg 87 #1289,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1889-Anna L FLANAGAN, b. Sep 26, 1889, LIC Reg cert# 1042, Transcribed, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1890-Rose A. CASEY, Mar 12, 1890, Queens, reg page 90 #1442, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1891-Elizabeth FLANAGAN, b. Nov 20, 1891; , LIC Reg c# 5571, Transcribed, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1891-Theresa FLANAGAN, b. Nov 20, 1891; LIC Reg c# 5570,, Transcribed, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1884-#1886 Queens - Agnes Frances FLANAGAN, Mar 07, 1886 /requested from Albany, Jun 15, 1943 for war work.
- 1886-#1884 Manh - Thos Francis FAGAN, Aug 11, 1884/ NYC Dept of Recd's & Info Services - Municipal Archives (Agnes' husband)
- 1891-#4634 Queens - Emily Leonidus FLANAGAN - Feb 07, 1891
- 1908-#37830 Brooklyn - Loretta DEMPSEY WELSH, Nov 17, 1908; filed Nov 23, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1919-#4607 Queens - Ruth Veronica FLANAGAN - June 23, 1919, parents Jos and Caroline,
Dept. of Health, City of NY, Bureau of Records.
- Bap register entry-Ann Nora FLANAGAN-LDS film number 1999485 Items 5-6 Church records, 1832-1941 Catholic Church. St. Michael and
the Holy Angels (West Bromwich, Staffordshire)
Ann Nora Flanigan (sic) was born in West Bromwich April 11, 1833, and baptised May 19, 1833 by George Spencer, Pastor. Sponsers
were Patrick and Judith Conolly.
- Bap cert-1864-Certificate of Baptism for Charles Butler, child of Edward Butler and Katherine Flannigan,
baptized 13 July 1864 Albuquerque, NM San Felipe de Neri church, Box 7007,
Albuquerque, NM 87104 copy dated March 19, 1972 and supplied by Mary Casey, Denver, CO
- Bap cert-1864-Edmond BUTLER, copy dated March 19, 1972 and supplied by Mary Casey, Denver, CO.
- Bap cert-1884 Thos F FAGAN - St Stephen's., 29th St, Manhattan
- Bap cert-1915-Thos E FAGAN, Oct 3, 1915, Mt Carmel Church, Newtown Ave, Astoria, Queens, NY, USA.
- Bap Cert-1919-Ruth V. FLANAGAN, bap. July 6, 1919, Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church, Astoria.
- Bap cert-1922-John Gregory FAGAN, Jul 16, 1922 / May 20, 1930, Our Lady of Mt Carmel, Queens
- Confirmation register entry-Sarah FLANAGAN-LDS film number 1999485 Items 5-6 Church records, 1832-1941 Catholic Church. St. Michael and
the Holy Angels (West Bromwich, Staffordshire) Sarah Flanigan was Confirmed Dec 22, 1833. Her Confirmation name was Ann.
INDEXES and other miscellaneous sources
- Queens-Index of Adm of Wills, n.d., Queens Borough Central Lib - L.I. Div.
- Queens-Index to Wills, 1937, Queens Borough Central Lib - L.I. Div.
- Index to Deaths-Queens County 1847-97, n.d., Microfilm copy of card file at New York Municipal Archives, New York City.
- Index to deaths, NYC, 1888-1965 - All boroughs, 1963, CONTENTS Indexes death certificates of the New York City
Department of Health., FHC - LDS Lending library.
- Index to deaths, NY State, 1880-1949 - for areas outside New York City, New York State Department of Health, Albany, var pages,,
Viewed at National Archives, 201 Varick St, Manhattan.
- Social Security Death Index, on view at
- Book-Description of private & family cemeteries in the Borough of Queens
L.I. Collection, Queens Pub Lib
(orig ed. Alice H. Meigs; compiled by Topographical Bureau. Office of the Pres: Borough of Queens, 1932).
- Book: Supplement to Description of Private and Family Cemeteries in the Borough of Queens
published by Queens Borough public Library 1975 -
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Cemetery. Survey taken during the 1930s showed grave #65 Flanagan grave.
Andrew, Sr. and Sarah buried along with sons William and John.
- Prayer cards with name/DOD of deceased, various.
ADMINISTRATION PAPERS - from Queens County Surrogate Court, Jamaica, New York.
- 1870, Andrew FLANAGAN Sr. - Liber M, Pg 101 (ad) intestate, processed 4-4-1870
- 1872, Charles EXERTIER - Liber 18, Pg 258 (p) [not yet accessed]
- 1907, Bridget DELEHANTY FLANAGAN - #268-1907 (p)
- 1907, Annette GRAPIN EXERTIER (d. 8-25-1877)- #522-1907 (ad) (7-17-1907) [not yet accessed]
- 1916, Peter S. FLANAGAN - #722-1916 (ad) d. 6-2-1916, Astoria
- 1922, Andrew FLANNAGAN (Jr.) (d. Dec 29, 1921) - #588-1922 (ad) processed 1-16-1922
- 1925, Edward F. FLANAGAN - #1589-25 (ad) d. 5-17-18
- 1925, Catherine KELLY FLANAGAN - #1588-25 (ad) d. 7-2-25
- 1926, Andrew J. FLANAGAN - #91-26 (g) processed 8-27-1926 [not yet accessed]
- 1928, Andrew J. FLANAGAN - #2938-28 (tt) processed 5-24-1928 [not yet accessed]
- 1929, Henry J. FLANAGAN - #3836-1938 (tt) d.1-20-1929
- 1934, Anna Loretta EVANS FLANAGAN - #1342-1934
- 1963, Andrew J. FLANAGAN (d. 2-11-1963 at 139-25 244th St., 2938 Springfield Gardens)- #1573-1963 (tt) [not yet accessed]
- 1975, Helen A. FLANAGAN - #6388-1975 (p) d. 10-12-75 [not yet accessed]
PROBATE PAPERS - from Queens County Surrogate Court, Jamaica, New York.
- 1921, Pauline E. FLANAGAN - #140-1921 (p) d. 3-5-1921. Filed in Probate Court because witness (Andrew Flanagan Jr.)
was blind and unable to identify his own signature.
- 1935, Elizabeth EGAN FLANAGAN - #503-1935 (p) 4352 110 st. Filed in Probate Court because two heirs had died
after Elizabeth wrote her will.
- 1960, Harry J FLANAGAN, 7-23-1960, filed April 1961, folder# 4976-1960, Queens Co. Surrogate Courthouse.
- Gravestone-1852- Andrew & Sarah FLANAGAN & two sons, 1852 assumed - at death of Wiliam,
- Edward FLANAGAN gravestone inscription, 1915, etc, Mt St Mary's Cemetery.
- Interment list-DELEHANTY - Mt St. Mary's Cemetery, August 21, 1989, Marie Driscoll.
- Interment list-DEMPSEY , May 1998, verbal, Mt St. Marys's. PF
- Interment list-Henry FLANAGAN, verbal, Mt. St Mary's, PF
- Interment list-SHUKER-St Michael's, Marie Driscoll.
- Interment list-George Morgan JONES, Calvary , May, 1999, Calvary Cemetery, Woodside, Calvary and Allied Cemeteries.
- Interment list-Ella JONES CHARLTON, Gate of Heaven, Oct 2000, Calvary and Allied Cemeteries, Gate of Heaven Cemetery, 10 W. Stevens Ave,
Hawthorne, NY 10532
- Interment List-JONES/MUNZINGER-Woodlawn Cem, rec'd Dec 8, 2000, Woodlawn Cemetery, Webster Ave & E 233 St, Bronx, NY 10470.
- List of burials at Holy Rood, Westbury. Posted in open kiosk near entrance.
Included are FAGAN, CASEY
- Photographs, gravestones
Calvary: Peter Flanagan, Andrew Flanagan Jr., George Morgan Jones (Bridget Amelia Flanagan).
Mt St Mary's: Delahanty (James Flanagan), Henry, Edward and Charles Flanagan.
- Invoice for the purchase of family plot at Mt. St. Mary's - Charles FLANAGAN, Mar 10, 1917.
- Invoice for funeral expenses-1893-Ann BURDEN, Dec 9, 1893, C. W. Hallett, 127 Fulton St, Astoria to unknown recipient<, Photocopy from Marie Driscoll; original with Leonard Fliedner.
- Invoice for funeral expenses-1918-Charles FLANAGAN, Feb 8, 1918, John J. Keegan, Crescent St cor Newtown Ave to Anna L. FLANAGAN
- Invoice for funeral expenses-1934-Anna L. (EVANS) FLANAGAN, Apr 13, 1934, M.E. Conway & Sons Dr, 47 Jackson Ave to Emily L. Flanagan
DEATH RECORDS FROM OLD TOWN REGISTERS
- 1870-Annette Mary FLANAGAN (1 yr 9 mo), Jan 16, 1875/ Long Island City Register, Queens, NY, pg 29 #23, reel 275b, transcribed Dec 1998, Muni Archives view
- 1872-Charles EXERTIER Registry entry, d. Jan 23, 1872/ transcribed May 1999, Queens, NY, pg 5 c# 14,, NYC Municipal Archives. view
- 1873-James CASEY Registry entry, d. Apr 27, 1873/ transcribed May 1999, Queens, NY, p14 #97,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1873-James DELEHANTY Registry entry, d. Aug 1, 1873/ transcribed May 1999, Queens, NY, p16 #183,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1875-Andrew F. FLANAGAN (son Andr Jr.), 5 mo., Aug 3, 1875/ Long Island City Register, Queens, NY, pg 34 #226, transcribed July 1998, Muni Archives view
- 1877-Anna JOYCE Registry entry, d. Jun 24, 1877/ transcribed May 1999, Queens, NY, p49 #32,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1877-Sarah FLANAGAN, Sep 27, 1877/ Long Island City Register, Queens, NY, photocopied May 1998, Muni Archives, view
- 1878-Annette (GRAPIN) EXERTIER Registry entry, d. Aug 25, 1878/ transcribed Dec 1998, Queens, NY, pg 63 c# 258,, NYC Municipal Archives. view
- 1879-Annette A. FLANAGAN (dau Andr Jr.), Mar 1, 1879/Long Island City Register, Queens, NY, pg 67 #69, transcribed Dec 1998, Muni Archives view
- 1882-Anna MORAN CASEY Registry entry, d. Jul 30, 1882/ transcribed May 1999, Queens, NY, cert# 554,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1887-Evelyn Marie FLANAGAN, 7 mo, Jul 31, 1887/ Long Island City Record of Death - Health Department - 1887, reg# 2405, reel 276 view
- -1888-Lawrence CASEY Registry entry, d. May 28, 1888/ transcribed May 1999, Queens, NY, reg entry# 2919,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1888-M. DELEHANTY Registry entry, d. Oct 21, 1888/ transcribed Dec 1998, Queens, NY, c# 3191 (1881-92 reel),, NYC Municipal Archives.
- Dth Cert-1891-James FLANAGAN, Nov 29, 1989/ May 23, 1891 death, Queens reg# 4845, Municipal Archives;
in the form of a letter to Rob Higgins, November 29, 1989. Also have photocopy of page from L.I.C. Register. --7/1998, PF view
- 1892-Madelein FLANAGAN, 7 mo, Jul 26, 1892/ transcribed Dec 1998,
Long Island City Record of Death - Health Department - 1892, reg# 5916, reel 276,NYC Municipal Archives. view
- 1893-Ann LAWLOR EGAN BURDEN, Registry entry, d. Dec 5, 1893/ transcribed Dec1998, Queens, NY, c# (NEED),, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1893-Euphemia SHUKER (dau Thomas), Aug 01, 1893/ Long Island City Register, Queens, NY, transcribed July 1998, Muni Archives
- 1893-Veronica SHUKER (dau Thomas), Aug 30, 1893/ Long Island City Register, Queens, NY, transcribed July 1998, Muni Archives
- 1893-Ann LAWLOR EGAN BURDEN (m-in-law Peter), Dec 5, 1893 / Long Island City Register, Queens, NY, transcribed Dec 1998, Muni Archives view
- 1894-Rosanna CASEY Registry entry, d. Feb 23, 1894/ transcribed May 1999, Queens, NY, reg entry#7525,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1895-Edmund BUTLER Sr, d. Aug 21, 1895, Trouville, France. Omaha-Douglas County Health Department, issued Oct. 22, 1993 to Marie Driscoll
- 1895-John DELEHANTY Registry entry, d. Apr 18, 1895/ transcribed May 1999, Queens, NY, p16 #8444,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- I have made note of several more entries for family names in the card indexes to the Old Town Registers,
but have not yet found the registers.
DEATH CERTIFICATES -- New York City.
- Dth cert-1889-Rebecca O'GORMAN, mother of Geo Morgan JONES, d. Nov 22, 1889, Manhattan, c# 42472,, NYC Municipal Archives, transcript.
- Dth cert-1893-Floyd N.E. LANG, son of Leona Jones, d. Dec 12, 1893, Manhattan, c# 42472, NYC Municipal Archives.
- Dth Cert-1902-Raymond A. FLANAGAN, d. Nov 1, 1902, St John's Hospital, Queens, cert# 2363, NYC Municipal Archives. view
- Dth cert-1905-Mary Ann WALDRON SHUKER, d. Feb 10, 1905, Queens, cert# 362,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- Dth Cert-1907-Bridget DELEHANTY FLANAGAN, Mar 8, 1907-age 62[sic]Queens cert# 755, NYC Municipal Archives. view
- Dth cert-1907-George L. CASEY, d. June 3, 1907, Queens, cert# 1606,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- Dth cert-1908-George Morgan JONES , d. Mar 31, 1908, Manhattan, cert# 10846,, NYC Municipal Archives. view
- Dth cert-1911-Margaret CROUGH EVANS, Jul 10, 1911, .
- Dth cert-1911-Leona (JONES) LANG, d. Aug 31, 1911, Manhattan, cert# 27191,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- Dth Cert-1915-Abbie E. FLANAGAN, Oct 6, 1915, Queens, cert# 3859,, FHC - LDS Lending library. view
- Dth Cert-1916-Peter S. FLANAGAN, Jun 7, 1916, Queens, #2413,, NYC Municipal Archives. view
- Dth cert-1918-Adelaide EXERTIER FLANAGAN, d. Apr 20, 1918, copied and certified 7/1998, NYC, Queens, cert# 2101,, NYC Municipal Archives. view
- Dth cert-1918-Charles A. FLANAGAN, filed Feb 13, 1918 (true copy), NYC, borough of Queens, cert# 263,.
- Dth cert-1918-Edward F FLANAGAN, d. May 17, 1918, copied and certified 7/1998, NYC, Manhattan cert# 16445, NYC Municipal Archives.
- Dth Cert-1920-Charles Exertier FLANAGAN, Feb 11, 1920, Queens, #966,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- Dth Cert-1920-Pauline E. FLANAGAN, Mar 7, 1921, Queens, #949,, NYC Municipal Archives. view
- Dth Cert-1921-Andrew J FLANAGAN, recorded Dec 30, 1921, Queens, #94637,, NYC Municipal Archives. view
- Dth Cert-1929-Henry J. FLANAGAN, Jan 28, 1929, Queens, #903,, NYC Municipal Archives. view
- Dth Cert-1932-Mary CASEY FLANAGAN, d. Dec 30, 1932, 11pm, Queens, c# 72 (end of 1933 recds),, NYC Municipal Archives.
- Dth Cert-1934-Anna EVANS FLANAGAN , Mar 20, 1934, Queens, #2102,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- Dth Cert-1935-Elizabeth EGAN FLANAGAN, Jan. 18, 1935, copy:, Queens, No. A13331, Registered #496,, Marie Driscoll, NYCDOH, 1991 view
- Dth Cert-1939 William John DEMPSEY, Jan 25, 1939, Queens, #730,, N.Y.C. Municipal Archives.
- Dth Cert-1945-Irene FLANAGAN HEFNER, d.Sep 17, 1945, Queens, #7235,, NYC Municipal Archives.
- Dth Cert-1970-Caroline WILL FLANAGAN, June 30, 1970, Queens c# #156-70-408880; from Marie Driscoll
DEATH CERTIFICATES -- New York State.
- Dth Cert-1915 Bridget Amelia FLANAGAN JONES, d. Feb 19, 1915, Freeport, NY, NYS Dept of Health, Albany.
- Dth Cert-1941 George Morgan JONES Jr, d. Aug 1, 1941, NYS Dept of Health, Albany.
- Dth Cert-1936-Thos F. FAGAN, filed April 13, 1936, Freeport, Nassau County, New York,
- Dth Cert-1950 Carrie (JONES) MUNZINGER, d. March 8, 1950, NYS Dept of Health, Albany.
- Dth cert-1961-Agnes F FLANAGAN FAGAN, d. Oct 17, 1961, Freeport, Nassau County, cert# 2901,.
- Dth Cert-1962-Emily L FLANAGAN, filed Oct 16, 1962, Oceanside, Hempstead, Nassau, Nassau c# 2522, Distr# 2950
OBITS & DEATH NOTICES
- 1870-Andrew FLANAGAN, (Manhattan: New York Herald, Sat. Feb 26 1870, pg 7; Feb. 27, pg 8), call NC 567 - box 19; Lamont Library, Harvard.)
- 1886-Kate FLANAGAN BUTLER, Historical Society of Douglas Co., Library/Archives Center, PO Box 11398, Omaha, NE, June 23, 1888 Omaha Daily Bee, Saturday), supplied by Mary Casey Nov. 1995.
- 1895-Col. Edward BUTLER, Trouville, France, 1895 various newspapers.
- 1888-Lawrence CASEY, (Long Island City, Queens, NY: L.I.C. Weekly Star, June 1, 1888), Queens Borough Central Lib - L.I. Div.
- 1888-Michael DELEHANTY, (Long Island City, Queens, NY & Manh: L.I.C. Weekly Star, NY Times, Oct 21, 1888 (Star) Oct 22 (Times)), Queens Borough Central Lib - L.I. Div.
- 1891-James FLANAGAN, (Long Island City, Queens, NY: L.I.C. Star (Weekly?), Saturday May 29, 1891), Queens Borough Central Lib - L.I. Div.
- 1895-John DELAHANTY , (Astoria: L.I. Weekly Star, c Apr 26, 1895).
- 1907-Bridget DELEHANTY FLANAGAN, (Long Island City, Queens, NY: L.I.C. Star (Daily), Mar 9, 1907), Queens Borough Central Lib - L.I. Div.
- 1915-Abbie FLANAGAN, (Long Island City, Queens, NY: Long Island Star, October 7, 1915). view
- 1915 Death listing-Amelia FLANAGAN JONES, (Freeport, Nassau, NY: Nassau Co. Review, d. Feb 19, 1915, pub. Fri. Mar 12, 1915),
Freeport Memorial Library. view
- 1916-Peter S FLANAGAN- original found in Chas. FLANAGAN prayerbook, (Astoria: Unknown- probably L.I. Star, c Jun 8, 1916).
- 1917-Lucy LEE DELEHANTY, (Long Island City, Queens, NY: NY Times, Apr 15, 1917), Queens Borough Central Lib - L.I. Div.
- 1918-Charlton WOOD, (Freeport, Nassau, NY: The Nassau Post, d. Mar 24, 1918, pub. Fri. Mar 29, 1918), Freeport Memorial Library. view
- 1918-Charles A. FLANAGAN, (L.I.C.: L.I. Daily Star,., cJan 12, 1918, NY Times). view
- 1918-Edward F. FLANAGAN, (Astoria: n.pub., May 17, 1918).
- 1921-Pauline E. FLANAGAN, (L.I.C.: L.I. Daily Star, c Feb 26, 1921). view
- 1921-Andrew FLANAGAN Jr, Ex postmaster,(L.I.C.: L.I. Daily Star?, c Feb 26, 1921, NY Times). view
- 1922-John W. CHARLTON, (Manhattan: New York Times, July 22, 1922).
- 1926-Andrew FLANAGAN (3), (L.I.C.: L.I. Daily Star?, Sep 30, 1926?).
- 1927-Michael CASEY, (Long Island City, Queens, NY: L.I.C. Daily Star, NY Times, Jul 26, 1927 Star, Jul 27, Times), Queens Borough Central Lib - L.I. Div.
- 1929-Henry J. FLANAGAN, (L.I.C.: L.I. Daily Star, Jan 28-29, 1929). view
- 1934-Harvey S. JONES , (Manhattan: New York Times, pub May 7, 1934. for May 6 death).
- 1936-Thos Francis FAGAN, (L.I.C: L.I. Daily Star?, Apr 10, 1936, NY Times)
- 1944-Joseph Leo FLANAGAN, St. Albans, d. Mar 05, 1944, Long Island City Star, archives of Ruth Flanagan Niggemann
- 1952-Adele FLANAGAN HENRY, (L.I.C.: Unknown publisher, aft Jul 12, 1952), supplied by Helen Hinkleday.
- 1954-Ella (JONES) CHARLTON, (Manhattan: New York Times, pub Jan 7, 1956 for Jan 5 death).
- 1957-Charles A. FLANAGAN, Machinist of Richmond Hill, Dec 04, 1957, from archives of Ruth Flanagan Niggemann
- 1960-Joseph Emmett FLANAGAN of Jamaica, d. Apr 23, 1960, Long Island City Star from archives of Ruth Flanagan Niggemann
- 1960-Harry J. FLANAGAN of Jackson Heights
- 1963-Andrew J. FLANAGAN IV, Feb. 11, 1963, son of Charles E. Flanagan, insurance man, Helen Hinkledey has memorial card
- 1963-Andrew J. FLANAGAN (5), (Boston, MA: Boston Globe pg 19, Herald pg 15, Feb 12, 1963), Boston Public Research Library.
- 1964-Charles D WOOD, (Hempstead, NY: L.I. Daily Press, pub. Mar 12, 1964).
- 1968-Florence STEIN, February 12, 1968 from archives of Ruth Flanagan Niggemann
- 1968-Mabel JONES WOOD, (Hempstead, NY: L.I. Daily Press, pub. Apr 24, 1968).
- 1975-Helen FLANAGAN (Nellie, widow of Edward J.), (Baldwin?, Long Island: n.pub., Oct 13/14?, 1975).
- 1976-Harry CASEY, (Babylon, Suffolk, NY: Babylon Beacon (weekly), July 1, 1976), Queens Borough Central Lib - L.I. Div.
- 1982-Charles A. GRANT, (Worcester, Mass: Worcester Telegram, d. Apr 5, 1982).
- 1983-Ruth FLANAGAN NIGGEMANN, Columbus Daily Advocate 1983 by Marie Niggemann Driscoll
- 1988-Sister Theresa WELSH, Catholic New York, August 25, 1988
- 1988-Leonard FLIEDNER, (NY Times, Dec 19(dn) & 21 1988(obit)).
- 1995-Alvin L GRANT, (n.p.: Unknown, 1995).
- 1999-Helen (FLANAGAN) HINKELDEY, (http://www.seattletimes.com/news/obituaries/index.html: Seattle Times, d. Sept 12, 1999).
- Index to Marriages-Queens Co. 1847-97, n.d., Microfilm copy of card file at New York Municipal Archives, New York City.
- Index to Marriages, NYC, 1898-1937 - All boroughs, 1989, Microfilm of records at Municipal Archives, New York City, New York.
Groom index of marriages reported in all five boroughs:, FHC - LDS Lending library.
- Church marriage certificate, original -1832-Andrew FLANAGAN / Sarah (MATTHEWS) WALDRON
Catholic Church of West Bromwich, recorded Jan 11, 1832 for Jan 4, 1832 marriage. P. Fagan
- Marriage Record (transcript) for James Shuker and Mary Ann Waldron 25 September 1853
obtained by Marie Driscoll 27 November 1991, West Bromwich by John A. Warren,
Genealogist and Family Researcher, Pembury, Kent, England
- Listing in "Bishop Loughlin's Dispensations" p.84 re Bridget Amelia FLANAGAN/ George Morgan JONES marriage, Oct 2, 1865, OLMC
- Listing in "Bishop Loughlin's Dispensations" p.61 re James FLANAGAN/ Bridget DELAHANTY[sic] marriage, Feb 12, 1863, OLMC.
Also p. 45: listings for two DELEHANTY brothers, John and Michael.
- Marr reg-Peter FLANAGAN/ Eliz EGAN-1871, entered into reg Oct 4, 1875, NYC Dept of Recd's & Info Services - Municipal Archives.
- Marr reg-Henry FLANAGAN/ Mary CASEY-1872, entered into reg Oct 6, 1875.
- 1851-Church marriage certificate, original-George EVANS/ Margaret CROW, Oct 7, 1851. St Peter's Church, Barclay St, Manhattan
- 1906-Queens cert# 911- Loretta Flanagan/Bill Dempsey, Sep 12, 1906, FHC - LDS Lending library, UT. uncertified
- 1910-Queens, c# 442, Henry Flanagan Jr./ Florence Martin, m. Mar 31, 1910, , NYC Municipal Archives.
- 1911-Queens cert# 71 (misfiled under 1912) - Margaret Flanagan / Alvin Grant, Jan 11, 1911, Municipal Archives, 31 Chambers St, NYC, NY - certified
- 1911-Queens cert# 79 (misfiled under 1912) - Agnes Flanagan/ Thos Fagan, Jun 21, 1911, photographic stat obtained June 1, 1943 for war work.
- 1915-Queens cert# 1562[?] - Stella Flanagan / Alfred Ferguson, Oct 10, 1915, Municipal Archives, 31 Chambers St, NYC, NY certified
- Note: We are missing the following records/dates of first generation marriages
and are hoping to find a record in the OLMC registers:
- Catherine and Edmond BUTLER (ca. 1858-9)
- Charles and Anna L. EVANS (probably ca. 1878-9.)
- Edward and Catherine KELLY (probably ca. 1878-9.)
Newspaper marriage announcements:
- Chas FLANAGAN-Anna EVANS, (Astoria: n.pub., c1878-79, undated).
- Loretta FLANAGAN- W. DEMPSEY 9/17/1906, Sep 17, 1906.
- Margaret FLANAGAN- A. GRANT Jan 14, 1911, (Queens, NY: n.pub., undated).
World War I draft cards (these were issued to civilian males and don't imply military service).
- Amelia FLANAGAN JONES family:
George Morgan Jones Jr., 154 Porterfield Pl., Freeport, Nassau, Ny, age: 40, DOB: Sept 28, 1872
Edward Jacob Munzinger, 154 Porterfield Pl., Freeport, Nassau, Ny, age: 43, DOB: June 23, 1875
Charles Dixon Wood, 3 Third Place, Freeport, Nassau, NY, age: 35, DOB: June 19, 1883
- Andrew FLANAGAN Jr. family
Andrew Joesph Jr., 536 Second Ave, L.I. City, NY, age: 38, DOB: October 13, 1879
Julien Evans Flanagan, 535 2nd Ave, LIC, NY, age: 34, DOB: July 1, 1884
- Catherine FLANAGAN BUTLER family
Thomas Butler, 1417 Pleasant, Miles City, Mont, age: 40, DOB: May 2, 1878
Horace Butler, Swanks, Miles City, Custer, Mont, age: 45, DOB: Oct 28, 1872
- Charles FLANAGAN family
Francis Aloysius Dempsey, ? Kneeland St, Elmhurst, Queens, age: 30, DOB: Nov 23? 1866
Edward Jas Dempsey, 12? Kneeland St, Elmhurst, LI, NY, age: , DOB: Mar 22, 1888
Wiliam John Dempsey, 272 Elm St., LI City, NY, age: 36, DOB: Sep 10, 1882
Thomas Francis Fagan, 506 2nd Ave, LIC, age: 34, DOB: Aug 11, 1884
Alfred L. Ferguson, 394 3rd Ave, Astoria, NY, age: 21, DOB: July 26, 1896
Bernard Joseph McCallan, 394 3rd Ave, LIC, NY, age: 43, DOB: June 2, 1875
- Edward FLANAGAN family
James Leo Flanagan, 274 Elm, Astoria, NY, age: 36, DOB: Feb 11, 1882
- Henry FLANAGAN family
Edwin B. Flanagan, 344 1st Av., Astoria, NY, age: 26, DOB: Sept 28, 1891
Henry Joseph Flanagan, 449 11th Ave, age: 36, DOB: July 24, 1882
George Casey Flanagan, 29 Carver St, L.I. City, age: 40, DOB: Sept 7?, 1878?
oseph Jacob Hefner, Jr, 544 1st Ave, LIC, Queens, NY, age: 38, DOB: Oct 25, 1879
- Peter FLANAGAN family
Robert Cabasino, 540 1st Ave, LIC, NY, age: 26, DOB: July 13, 1890
Joseph Leo Flanagan, address not readable, age: 30, DOB: not readable
Leonard John Fliedner, 29 53rd St, Corona, Queens, NY, age: 18, DOB: Sept 3, 1900
John Fliedner, 29 53rd St, Corona, Queens, NY, age: 45, DOB: Jan 10, 1873
Edward Michael Higgins, 571? ? Ave, LI City, Queens, NY, age: 30, DOB: Nov 25, 1886
Ernest Francis Stephen, 530 1st Ave, LIC, Queens, NY, age: 33, DOB: Aug 28?, 1885
- SHUKER family
George Shuker, 717 11th Ave, LIC NY, age: 21, DOB: Dec 17, 1895